Power Automedia (www.powerautomedia.com) a leading digital media company in the automotive industry, is searching for a freelance Event Manager.
About the Company.
Power Automedia (PAM) is a different kind of company. We believe in creating the best automotive content, to fuel the magic of the automobile. We believe in helping people achieve their dreams by building something special. We pioneered the automotive digital media revolution, and have continued to innovate to stay on the forefront of the digital landscape.
We are searching for an enthusiastic event manager with a “can-do” attitude to assist our organization in hosting automotive events. The event manager will be tasked with developing a vision for existing and new events, researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, securing permits, negotiating with municipalities, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client and employee relations, building an unforgettable experience for the enthusiast, and improving our organization’s growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy, brand personality and above all an experience the vendors and enthusiasts will plan to attend for years to come.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational, interpersonal, multi-tasking, and time-management skills. The Event Manager should reinforce client-to-business relations, improve the organization’s image, and effectively deliver on event objectives.
Event Manager Responsibilities:
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Handling budgeting and invoicing.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors and municipalities.
- Hotel Room Contracts & Block Negotiations and Management
- Handling logistics.
- Updating senior management.
- Work directly with Marketing Director and PR associate on branding, communication, and newsletters.
- Developing event feedback surveys.
- Obtaining permits.
- Handling post-event reports.
- Work directly with sales to ensure that all contracted deliverables are met.
- Work directly with marketing to develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Work with Editorial leadership to effectively communicate events schedules, and notable editorial opportunities, and that all editorial and social commitments are met.
Event Manager Requirements:
- Passionate automotive enthusiast with significant experience in the automotive OE or aftermarket.
- A degree in public relations, communications, or hospitality is a plus.
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Good time management.
- Proficiency in various event software, CRM, Google / Excel
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- Risk management experience.
- 1099 is a requirement until the need for full-time employment is required.
How to Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to