Power Automedia (www.powerautomedia.com) a leading digital media company in the automotive industry, is searching for a full-time Event Director.
About the Company
Power Automedia (PAM) is a different kind of company. We believe in creating the best automotive content and events, to fuel the magic of the automobile. We believe in helping people achieve their dreams by building something extraordinary. We pioneered the automotive digital media revolution, and have continued to innovate to stay on the forefront of the digital landscape. We are now taking the same approach to automotive events, embracing “festivalization” to create truly unique and memorable experiences for enthusiasts.
We are seeking a highly motivated Event Director with a positive and proactive attitude to spearhead the creation of one-of-a-kind events tailored to domestic performance enthusiasts. The ideal candidate will be able to develop a vision for new and existing events that will bring exceptional value to customers, clients and vendors. The Event Director must also execute on that vision at the highest standards to ensure the overall success of the events and deliver on financial goals. The Event Director should strengthen client-to-business relations, enhance the organization’s image, successfully achieve event objectives, and operate from a promotional mindset to elevate the event’s perception to customers and participants.
Event Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborating to generate and execute event plans and concepts
- Managing event budgets and invoices
- Communicating and negotiating with vendors and municipalities
- Negotiating and managing hotel room contracts and blocks
- Overseeing event logistics
- Reporting to senior management on event progress
- Coordinating with Marketing Director and PR associate to maintain branding, communication, and newsletters
- Creating event feedback surveys
- Obtaining necessary permits
- Preparing post-event reports
- Working closely with sales to fulfill contractual obligations
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies in collaboration with marketing team
- Coordinating with Editorial leadership to ensure effective communication of event schedules and editorial opportunities, and fulfillment of all editorial and social commitments.
Event Director Requirements:
- A passionate automotive enthusiast with substantial experience in the automotive OE or aftermarket
- A degree in public relations, communications, or hospitality is a plus
- Previous experience in event management
- Strong communication and marketing skills
- Experience in project management
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency in various event software, CRM, and Google/Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience in risk management
We offer a competitive salary ($80-100k DOE plus bonus options) as well as your standard Macbook, travel reimbursement, education and personal development support, paid time off, hybrid and remote office options as well as flex time, health and dental insurance…and donuts (lots of donuts). But more importantly Power Automedia offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a fun and safe environment – placing a huge emphasis and investment in personal development as well as culture-building.
How to Apply: